Literacy in its best form is soul nourishment. Stories shape our capacity to imagination and conceive the written word. In early childhood, the best gift we can bestow our students is to bring the story alive through the dramatic arts.
In this eWorkshop I am going to cover these important things:
Why Stories are the most important component of any curriculum:
- How storytelling is the powerhouse element in literacy
- The brain research behind this truth
- We will look at how to teach the following elements in an authentic and natural way:
- Story structure
- Letter sounds
- and much more!
- The universal language found in classic and beloved stories
- The theraputic value of stories
Finding Your Inner Storyteller:
- How to learn a story so you can tell it from the heart
- How to connect to that place within your own imagination that will give life to the words you speak
- The single most important element for storytelling
- How to bring wonder to a story
|The power of puppets to introduce key academic concepts.|
How to bring any story to life through Puppetry:
- How to make and use simple puppets - you will get my treasure trove
- My very best puppet projects for children to create and make! Super cool!
- How to put on simple table puppet shows of the major fairy tales
- Table puppets are puppets held in your hand
- The children will imitate this and retell the story over and over
- Learn how to make a simple table puppet of any character! It is easy and quick and beautiful!
- I will give you a simple guide to how to set up your table puppet theater
|Retelling a story using Story Stones on a table stage.|
- How to make simple plays out of any early childhood story
- How to make simple staging and props
- The best resources on the internet
This eWorkshop is perhaps the heart of my work as a teacher. It will be a work of wonder!
The course starts on Saturday!