She painted the flowers to the edges of the canvas.
She used just 3 to 4 main colors on the flower paintings.
She painted a simple background.
The main objective was to get the children to draw huge flowers. I stressed that their flowers needed to touch each side of the paper.
Drew the flower with pencil and traced it in a sharpie pen. (Watercolor paper)
I gave the children three colors - either a cool palette (blue, green and purple) or a warm palette (red, orange and yellow). I simply cut the colors off the strip.
For this second study - we moved from watercolor to tempera paints. The drawing was the same - but no sharpie! I used a heavy cardstock paper and cheap foam brushes from Michaels. Again - I put out a cool and warm palette.
I used a foam plate for the paint - perfect with three sections.
We finished with painting flowers on canvases using acrylics. Unfortunately, I failed to take photos!! But the end results were beautiful. You can buy panel canvases from Dick Blick very reasonably and I used the dollar acrylic paint from Michaels. Here is a peek at a photo a parent took: