- Print out the gingerbread man below. I print it on brown construction paper. I cut the construction paper down to 8 1/2 x 11 and feed it into the copier through the side feeder. You will have to check to see if your copier does this.
- Print copies of the letters below on basic white copy paper. Cut into strips. I cut mine just a tad wider than the letters.
(See example in photo above.)
- Have the children decorate the gingerbread man with crayons and markers.
- Cut out the gingerbread man.
- TEACHERS - cut slits for sliders. You can pre-cut the sliders or let the children cut them. I prefer to cut them for them. Cut the lines so that the strip will display the letters next to "an." (Tip - I use an x-acto knife to quickly cut the slits.)
Feeding the slider into the paper. You can see the slits were pre-cut for this kindergartner and he could not wait to see the slider in action!!
This child cut the slits with scissors. Older students can manage this just fine. I prefer to do this for the kindergartners for proper place of the slider.
Gingerbread Man Form
Gingerbread Man Slider for an word family